Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My first quilt

I have finally finished my first quilt project!



What did I learn? Lots of stuff. The main one being: Don't do a king sized quilt for your first project. Anyone with half a brain knows that right?

The reason I did a king sized quilt is because Adam needs a "summer" quilt. One that is thinner and doesn't make him sweat at night.

This quilt has pinwheel squares in the middle. This is one of the easiest if not the easiest squares to make. They aren't all perfect but I think it turned out better than I was expecting it to about 3/4 of the way through. I just got so tired of working on it!

I used old fashioned cotton batting in the middle. This is a little more expensive but I used a 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby and it wasn't bad. It's thinner and breathes a little better I think.



Finished it off with some floral fabric on the back, tied it and there you have it! Quilt #1 is in the books.

No comments: