Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Cards



I made most of our Christmas cards this year. It's really not too hard if you have the tools - and I'm guessing if you are going to take on the task to make your own cards you have the tools.

I bought some premade cards at Hobby Lobby because I used my coupon and got them for 8 cents a card. They came in a package of 50. Much easier and cheaper than cutting them myself.

The trick to making your own cards is a system. Cut or make all your pieces or elements and then assemble your cards.

I did a lot of trial and error to figure out my design but in the end I decided that I liked the brown paper and wanted to keep the card simple to show off the paper (and save time.)

First thing I did was lay out all the cards and splatter them with white acrylic paint to create the look of snow.

I used my cricut and the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge to cut the tags. Then I stamped them with a Christmas tree stamp in black ink.


Then I stamped the insides of the cards with a message.


I used some ribbon that I had left over from our wedding for the bow and used this easy Cheater bow method to create the bows.

After that I folded them and signed them.

Then I used my Glue Runner to glue on the tags. Then I used a mini glue dot to attach the bow.

After that I added our pictures/birth announcement since I didn't feel like addressing and paying for postage for birth announcements 3 months ago :)


There you go - easy homemade Christmas cards!




P.S. If you read my blog and don't get one of these...it's because I wasn't thinking when I went to buy the cards and only got 50. Of course Adams family is huge so I ran out and don't really feel like lugging Lauren to Hobby Lobby again. Please forgive me :) You'll be getting my quickie postcard version of the pictures/birth announcement.

No comments: