Lauren turned 5 months old last Thursday! Prepare yourself for a long post :)
She loves to look at herself in the mirror!
We went to the Dr. for a shot and found out she weighs in at 16 lbs and 9 oz!
At 5 months she can roll from back to front, almost sit up totally unassisted, scootch backwards on her tummy and she wants to grab anything and everything mom or dad is holding.
She has figured out how to throw a fit. If she has something she's focused on and interested in and we take it away - immediately crying. If I lay her on the floor - immediate crying - then when I say her name and snap her out of it she's fine. The other day I was walking past her and she was screeching (I don't think I've told you about that yet. It's fun for mommy.) and I continued walking and she started immediately crying then when I turned back around and walked up to her she started smiling. Stinker.
According to the books, by five months she should be able to:
- hold head steady when upright: CHECK
- on stomach, raise chest supported by arms: CHECK
- pay attention to an object as small as a raisin: CHECK
- squeal in delight: CHECK
- smile spontaneously: CHECK
- smile back when you smile: CHECK
- grasp a rattle held to backs or tips of fingers: CHECK
- keep head level with body when pulled to sitting: CHECK
…probably be able to:
- roll over (one way): CHECK
- bear some weight on legs: CHECK
- say “ah-goo” or similar vowel-consonant combination: CHECK
- razz: CHECK
I assume this is what this means - she tries! :):
- turn in the direction of a voice: CHECK
…may possibly be able to:
- sit without support: Getting Close
…may even be able to:
- pull up to standing position from sitting: Just with our hands. She hasn't tried on to grab anything else yet
- stand holding on to someone or something: CHECK
- object if you try to take a toy away: Just starting to throw her fits.
- work to get to a toy out of reach: Just starting
- pass a cube or other object from one hand to the other: She's only done this once.
- look for dropped objects: Not really.... yet!
- rake with fingers a tiny object and pick it up in fist: Not really.... yet!
- babbles, combining vowels and consonants such as ga-ga-ga, ba-ba-ba, ma-ma-ma, da-da-da: Sometimes
She's getting to be a pretty big girl!