Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The weekend...

This weekend was PERFECT! The weather was gorgeous combined with gaining an hour of time = PERFECT!

Halloween was on Friday and Halloween in a small town is just SO MUCH better than in the city. All kids come out and many of them are friends kids or family.
Abby was the Grim Reaper. She never wants to be anything cute - always gory or evil :) Here she is with the bucket I made her. I could hardly get her to stay there long enough to take the pic and she was off to another house to get more candy!


Saturday we had a hayrack ride. The night started out like this:

Can you tell what's going on here? Oops.

The hayrack was good. Complete with hot chocolate, cute kids and caramel apples!


Sunday was wonderful and we got a lot done. We did some yard work since it was so nice and it was really my first time dealing with a lot of leaves. When I was growing up we lived on a farm and didn't worry about leaves that much and our last house was in a new neighborhood with baby trees. So I raked the leaves away from the house and Adam came through with the lawn mower....only to blow them back up against the house. Ugh. So I raked them back away again and he went and got a different mower with a bagging system on it and we got them all picked up.
I got to go meet with some girlfriends for coffee in the afternoon and Adam got his first paying tree cutting job. I even got to take a nap on the couch which hasn't happened in a while and it was amazing :)

No comments: