Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Laundry

I have my new washer and dryer! Wa Hoo!

Here is the spot where it sits that we cleaned out on Sunday.


And here is my pretty new washer and dryer.


They are the Frigidaire Gallery pair. They are the Consumer Reports Best Buy. That works for me :)

This is MAYBE 1/2 of the laundry I have to do. Since the apartment smelt like smoke, now our clothes do also. So I got started right away.

It's kind of fun to be able to watch :)


Front Loading washers have a learning curve to them but I've done my research so I'm not worried. You have to use a high efficiency detergent because they are low sudsing. Since your clothes tumble, way to many suds would be created with normal detergent.
You also need to leave the door of the washer open a lot of the time to let it try out because the seal is airtight and if you close it when it's still wet in there mold will grow. We DO NOT need any more mold in this house.

Here's what our clothing situation looked like at the beginning of the night.
In bags.

In tubs, random drawers and laundry baskets.


Here's the closet now.

Yes. Some organization around this place!

Yesterday it rained. We went to the car in the morning to go to work and had a surprise. We left the windows open. Darn! So we had to air it out last night.


More water also appeared in the basement.

It looks like it's starting from here.

So I set up our new dehumidifier

Which is awesome because it tells us what the current humidity is.

The humidity in your house should depend on what the temp. is.

Outside temperature (0°F)- Recommended relative humidity
+20° and above - 35% to 40%
+10° - 30%
0° - 25%
-10° - 20%
-20° - 15%

Here's the basement now. Much better than it used to be.


A also took a ton of cable out of the basement. Before the people who had their cable hooked up had it split a lot of times and it was pretty ridiculous.


We got some salt in the water softener and got that running again.

We need to get a special kind of salt that helps to treat the iron in the water. They didn't have it where we went last night so I'll have to keep my eyes open for it and I'll let you know if I see a difference when we find the other stuff.

I put up the blinds that were in the house when we got it. It works for now until I can sew some curtains. We can walk around the house at night w/o anyone passing by seeing our every move.


We got our new home phone last night.

No answering machine. I despise checking messages. If I'm not at home you don't need to leave me a message anyway. Call my cell phone.

And of course its "National Stay At Home Week" so we got to watch the season premiers of some of our favorite shows. We had a few glitches since we are still learning the ins and outs of our new DVR system. Monday night will be tuned to CBS in our house! If you've never seen The Big Bang theory, WATCH IT!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't know about a fire...what happened?