Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ribbon Organization



While there are many ways out there to organize all the ribbon you accumulate, I have decided to make a box for mine out of an old shoe box.

The one that I picked was even broken. See the top right flap?


That is an easily fixable problem. I simply added an embellishment to the corner.


I started out by covering the box with paper and then I punched a bunch of holes in the front of the box and used my Crop-A-Dile II Big Bite to add eyelets. Then I added the ribbon.

It's not finished yet. I still need to add embellishments, make the broken edge a little prettier and clean up some of the edges of the paper but I wanted to share :)


Do I really think this will work? I'm not totally convinced it will but I thought I'd give it a try before spending money on some other method. Why wouldn't it work?


I have a feeling they might get tangled.

There are products out there that do this same thing such as this one but I'm not sure what is going on inside those.

If it doesn't work - oh well, I have a pretty box to store other stuff in. Other solutions I'm thinking of if it doesn't work: I might try these ribbon cards or these embellishment boxes.

I inherited a cork board wall with the house so I'm going to use it as my inspiration wall. Instead of adding pretty layouts that I've found/done or pictures, I've decided to put up some sketches that I got off of Valerie Salmons Sketch Blog. That way I can use these to inspire multiple layouts from each sketch. This is all I have up so far and I need to continue to make it "pretty".

No comments: