Thursday, October 16, 2008

Weekend House Updates

Saturday I got up and painted the floor in the only remaining bedroom w/o finished flooring with Kilz. Then I primed the bathroom. While waiting for both of those to dry we finally got to assemble a living room! Adam had finished the flooring in there sometime last week so it was waiting.



and then we went to work on the flooring in the last bedroom and landing until we ran out with just a little left to go.

We still have a little strip along the side of the room also but at least it's now usable.



Sunday we moved some more stuff in and got the office sort of set up

and I GOT A LOT OF MY CRAFT ROOM BROUGHT INTO THE HOUSE!!! Can you tell I'm excited? :)


It's by no means all organized yet but I could create something if I had the time.
I spent most of the rest of the day working on the horse cake and Adam brought in some dirt and put it up against the side of the house because we knew it was going to rain.
Toward the end of the day Adam's dad came over and helped him put the flooring down in the bathroom. We're officially getting closer to being able to walk around barefoot in this place. We also caulked and sealed the shower AND WE GOT TO TAKE A SHOWER!!! It's amazing. Unreal how nice it is to be able to stretch your arms out and up while taking a shower. Ahhhh. Life is better now :)

Our "pretty" shower curtain is still doing it's duty as the curtain in our master bedroom...
Adam is worried about water sitting in the window so we put a shower curtain up on the back side of the shower also. I didn't really like this idea but once I put it up it really isn't that big of a deal.



And the little nook we created by moving the wall? Fits my plastic drawers and stuff just fine for the moment until we have time to create something nice.

It really is amazing to have a fully functioning bathroom again. It's the small things - even just having a place to hang your towel so it doesn't have to sit on the back of the kitchen stools :)

We also decided this weekend we are going to go ahead and get all new appliances. The dishwasher has a persistent smell, the fridge has a drip that I have no idea where it comes from and the ice maker doesn't work and the stove........well it's really nice but in order to keep the heat in:

Yeah...

That's all I got for now. It rained yesterday and we went home last night and curled up on the couch and watched Boston Legal episodes courtesy of Netflix. It was so nice to not work for once. I'm sure we'll be back to the grind tonight.

No comments: